Memorable Bonnaroo Moments from Kings of Leon, Warren Haynes, Widespread Panic, Galactic, Umphrey’s, Girl Talk
In the June issue of Relix, we share a number of Bonnaroo performers’ favorite moments from the past. Be sure to pick up the issue for additional entries (and our special Bonnaroo section).
NATHAN FOLLOWILL, KINGS OF LEON
Funniest: Sharing a popsicle with an unknown hot girl at the porta-potty and later marrying her.
Proudest: Headlining in front of our family and friends. A close second was winning the dance off at the silent disco against my imaginary friends. You know what I mean.
Favorite: Meeting my wife, obviously. And our first year playing, seeing American kids liking us for the first time. Chill bumps.
JOJO HERMANN, WIDESPREAD PANIC
Funniest: Bruce Springsteen playing “Santa Clause Is Comin’ to Town”
Proudest: The first Bonnaroo will always stick in my mind as being exciting. You knew you part of something that was gonna be really special. I’ll never forget Dottie Peoples and the choir performing “Tall Boy” during our set. And the time I felt a presence onstage behind me—I looked around to see Herbie Hancock about to jam on the clavinet.
Favorite: As a fan, the best time I had was hanging onstage and seeing Andrew Bird and Band of Horses, for the first time, back to back.
RYAN STASIK, UMPHREY’S MCGEE
Funniest: Funniest moment for me at Bonnaroo was hanging with the late great Greg Giraldo and discussing the art of being a stand-up comedian. He truly was a gifted artist and is missed dearly. R.I.P. GG.
Proudest: Losing my mind in a rage-athon/dance party to Darryl Hall & Chromeo with my best buddies.
Favorite: Headbanging to Metallica until I thought I would pass out!
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll