String Cheese Incident: Untying The Knots
The week and a half before Bonnaroo found all of those members together once more, starting rehearsals for what might well be its final summer run. One can imagine how other groups in a similar situation might not devote such energy to the process.
“I want to make clear to everybody that were taking this tour seriously,” Hollingsworth asserts, “just like any summer tour, we’ll find some great tasty covers and potentially bring in brand new original material. I’m really excited about it.”
That excitement translates, just after midnight on June 16, when the group huddles briefly before stepping onto the Which Stage for two late night sets at Bonnaroo. The audience stretches well past the horizon, and some of the 30,000 in attendance have staked out their territories for well over two hours.
Nershi certainly is animated, at one point running furious laps around the stage with a grin dominating his visage.
Travis’ snapshot of the night is “one moment in which Billy threw his body around and his head all the way down to his guitar and back up, giving himself whiplash with his hair flying around.”
As for Nershi, he offers, “I’m having fun now. A lot of things are resolving and changing now that we’re going to stop playing music for whatever period time that is. A lot of baggage got aired out and a lot of things that haven’t been said for years were said between people in the band and people in the band and management and it’s all making being together playing music better. My picture of Bonnaroo is a sea of people going as far as the eye could see really digging it and for me just hoping that in the future I’ll have a chance to play for that many people again.”
In honor of Umphrey’s McGee’s return to Summer Camp this weekend, we present the group’s Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger performing this version of “The Pequod” from UM’s Anchor Drops.
Dame shares a song from her new EP Preventions of Heartbreak.
Golden Bloom stopped by Relix to perform a tune from their latest EP No Day Like Today.
The Chapin Sisters share an tune from their new album A Date With the Everly Brothers.
Minneapolis-based Night Moves share a song from their record, Colored Emotions, live at Relix.
Cloud Cult share a song from their latest album live at Relix.
The Giving Tree Band enjoy a spring day on the Relix rooftop, while performing a classic Grateful Dead tune.
Canadian singer-songwriter Hayden performs a duet with his sister-in-law Lou Canon. The song appears on Us Alone his first record on Broken Social Scene’s Arts & Crafts Productions.
The Milk Carton Kids share the first song from their new album, The Ash & Clay.
Here is the new video from Serbian guitar ace Ana Popovic. “Object Of Obsession” appears on her latest album Can You Stand The Heat.
- Relix Live Fridays: Trey Anastasio at The Fox
- Grace Potter & The Nocturnals "The Lion The Beast The Beat" (Official Video)
- The Allman Brothers Band Before Gregg?
- The M & Ms: Medeski, Mali, Mercurio, Moore at (Le) Poisson Rouge (A Gallery)
- Brendan Bayliss and Jake Cinninger "The Pequod"
- Trey Anastasio with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center
- More Visions of the Hangout Music Festival 2013 (A Gallery)
- A Blowout for the So So Glos
- Interlocken Festival to Feature Neil Young, Furthur, String Cheese Incident, Black Crowes, Zac Brown and More
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "Friend of The Devil" at the Beacon
- The Salvation of Page McConnell (Relix Revisited)
- Interlocken Adds Widespread Panic and John Fogerty, Furthur to Play Workingman’s Dead
- Warren Haynes and Joe Bonamassa "If Heartaches Were Nickels"
- The Final Ingredient in Dogfish Head’s Grateful Dead Tribute Ale Is…
- Stone Gossard Readies His Moonlander
- Trey Anastasio Band at The Hangout (Video Stream)
- Doctor’s Orders: So what should we call the Super Ball IX Newspaper?
- John Kadlecik Posts Statement on Bob Weir’s Collapse
- "I Wanne Be In moe.": The Latest Volunteers
- Bob Weir Escorted Off Stage During Furthur Show
- Vote for Your Favorite "I Wanne Be In moe." Contestant
- Furthur Cancels BottleRock Show as Bob Weir Is Out Of Commision
- Doctor’s Orders: What’s Your Favorite Furthur Song? (Win Copy of Relix Signed by Phil and Bobby)
- On The Verge Poll